The Tiedemann Group is an organization of interrelated companies in Elkhart, Indiana, whose main focus is on providing an array of real estate and construction services.
Companies in the Tiedemann Group including FM Stone Commercial, FM Construction, Tiedemann Realty Services and Tiedemann Wines.
Specific areas of expertise include property acquisition and disposition, construction and construction management, development, and facility and asset management of commercial and industrial real estate. Additionally, capabilities include property analysis, general construction, turnkey build-to-suit development, and business center development.
The Tiedemann Group operates for its own account, as well as for third party clients. These clients include corporations, real estate firms, construction companies, government agencies and institutional and private investors.
- FM Properties opens for business in 1978 with Carl Tiedemann as a founding partner. The company is a commercial and industrial property and asset management firm.
- In 1980 the company begins to offer brokerage and leasing services for commercial and industrial buildings.
- FM Construction begins operations in 1982.
- Elkhart's first business incubator, Lexington Business Centre, is developed in 1990.
- Eastpoint Business Centre, the city's second business incubator, is opened in 2000.
- The company takes the name FM Stone Commercial in 2001.
- Tiedemann Wines, an Indiana wine distribution company, is formed in April 2010.
- In late 2012 The Tiedemann Group offices move into the Lexington Business Centre at 530 E. Lexington Avenue in Elkhart.